We require an academic assessment test for all new students so that we can place them at the proper level within our individualized program. It is strongly recommended that you bring your child to one of our centers to do the assessment prior to the start date of the summer program.
We strongly encourage parents to monitor their childís academic progress throughout the summer camp session. Although our teachers can only give each parent a brief communication about their childís progress at the end of each day, at then end of Sessions I and II, they will be provide each parent an academic consultation, in which a detail analysis of each studentís academic progress and future plan will be given. Sign-up sheets for these consultations will be posted during the final week of each session. Parents are strongly urged to sign up for these important consultations.
Behavior: To keep the highest quality of your childís learning and to ensure the safety of your child in our program, all students are expected to respect other students and their teachers. Rude behavior such as swearing, hitting, and teasing is not acceptable.
- IDIIL Summer Program Rules Agreement Form: On the first day, we will discuss about the rules in indoor and outdoor activities. At the end of the first day, your child will bring home a IDIIL Summer Program Rules Agreement Form. Please read through with your child again, sign it yourself, and submit it the next day you drop your child.
- Parents Collaboration: If any studentís behavior affects the smooth running of the program, and is difficult to correct, parents will be asked to meet with the program director in order to resolve the problem. Sometimes we might suggest some extended discipline at home, such as a ban of his/her favorite TV shows or games. Similarly, for excellent or great improvement on behavior or academic performance, in addition to the reward given in our center, parents are encouraged to offer kids additional reward as a positive reinforcement.
- 3-Strike Policy: If your child is involved in any behavior that results in physical harm to self or others, they will be disciplined based on our 3-strike policy, which is as follows:
- First strike: Child will be placed in a quiet zone and parent/legal guardian will be contacted promptly.
- Second strike: Child will be suspended from center for 1-3 days depending on the severity of their actions.
- Third strike: Child will be expelled from the center, with NO REFUNDS.
Since we cannot be responsible for lost articles of any kind, please keep any valuables at home and remind your child to be responsible for his or her possessions.
Transportation: While IDIIL is not ultimately responsible for transporting your child to our site, we will explore every option to assist parents in this area. If you require assistance in transporting your child to our site, please call us at (617) 426-4126 to find out about possible car-pooling, busing, and other options.
Departure/Arrival: Non-extended morning drop-off time is 9:00am-9:15am (bring your children into the center in person), and afternoon pick-up time is 3:45-4:00pm. Pick-up time for the extended program is 5:45-6pm. Children must be picked-up on time. If you have not signed up for the extended afternoon program and you know that you will not be able to pick up your child on time on a given day, you must notify us before the day starts; there will be only a $10 charge each extended period. Late pickups without prior notice or pickups after 6:00pm will result in a $5 charge for every 15 minutes that you are late. Written notification is required if someone outside of your immediate family/alternative guardian will pick up your child. Parent or guardian may also call ahead of time to leave the name of an alternate pick-up person. It is required that the alternative guardian/pick-up person must always provide identification before taking a child away from the center.
Absences: If your child will not be attending the program on a day for which he/she is registered, please notify our offices as soon as possible. There will be no refund for absences.
- To hold a space in the summer program, register with a $30 registration fee (1/2 price registration fee for current IDIIL students) and a deposit of $100 per child per session. Your deposit minus a $30 administrative fee will be refunded for a withdrawal made before June 1.
- Payment of the entire outstanding balance is due by June 1. Failure to make an on-time payment will result in a $15 late fee, potential loss of deposit, and risk of losing your space in the camp.
- Tuition will be subject to change due to any program changes that you make.
- Discount rates for combined sessions only apply to full sessions and fully paid registration made before June 1.
- There will be a $5 administration fee for any change to your program or schedule requested by you.
- There may be additional fees for special events. A notice about these special events will be given. Please pay the fee, if applicable, prior to the event or your child might not be able to participate.
Confirmation and Welcome Letter: A confirmation letter will be sent to you via email, or fax, or postal mail upon receiving your registration with registration fee. Then a detailed schedule and calendar, along with a welcoming letter will be mailed to you around middle of June and/or upon completion of registration if after middle of June. This letter will include a reminder of what your child should bring for regular days or field trip days.